Date of Last Revision: September 1, 2020
If you do not agree with this policy, please do not provide us with any Personal Information and do not use the Services.
Personal Information We Collect
Information Provided By You Directly
We collect and have collected in the past 12 months Personal Information about you that you affirmatively provide to us, including your:
- Telephone number;
- Email address.
- Inferences drawn from personal information you provide us regarding topics of information you may be interested in.
You can choose not to provide us with your Personal Information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of the features our Services provides, including not being able to receive newsletters or marketing information. We may collect this information from you when you submit a form or request on our website, email us, call us, or otherwise contact us.
If you apply for a job with us, we will collect and have collected in the past 12 months additional information in connection with your application. This may include:
- Name and contact information;
- Username and password;
- Work authorization status;
- Resume, CV, cover letter, work experience, and education information;
- Professional and work-related licenses, permits, and certifications held;
- Reference-related information; and
- Any other information that is publicly available or that you elect to provide to us (e.g., current salary, expected salary).
Such information may be collected from you directly, from your references, from a recruiter, from your prior employers, and from your places of education. We will only use this information to evaluate your candidacy, including by processing your application, assessing your qualifications, corresponding with you, and complying with legal obligations.
Information Collected Automatically
We also may collect and have collected in the past 12 months automatic information about how you use the Services online for, among other things, the operation and improvement of the Services. Such automatic information can entail collection and processing of: browser information, operating system information, unique device identifiers or your IP address, referring site, visit metrics, action metrics, page view metrics, search metrics, and others. This information may not be Personal Information.
This automatically collected information may be collected through technologies provided by third parties. Information that might be collected using these technologies includes, for example, the pages you visit on our online Services, the paths you take within our online Services, and the length of time that you spend on the Services. We use this information in the aggregate in order to better understand how to improve the quality of the Services.
We also collect and have collected in the past 12 months information about your activity, such as how you use our Services, how you interact with others using our Services, and the like, including information and confirmations regarding payments (payment receipts, including from app stores or other third parties processing your payment), device and connection information (when you install, access, or use our Services, hardware model, operating system information, browser information, IP address, mobile network information including phone number, and device identifiers), device location information if you use our location features, status information (online and status message changes on our Services).
As is common among Internet site operators, we maintain Web server logs. Web servers automatically identify your computer or mobile device by its IP address and collect that information in its Web server logs. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer or mobile device by your Internet service provider or mobile service provider whenever you log onto the World Wide Web or access the Internet. The SambaNova Web server logs collect statistical data that is generated by your computer when it visits the Services, such as the type of Web browser and operating system used to access the Services, the domain name of your Internet service provider, the date and time you access the Services, and the pages you visit. Within the framework of the Services, we process this Web server log information for a variety of purposes. Some of these purposes include: system administration; examination of overall traffic trends on the Services; troubleshooting; and the collection of broad demographic information about users of the Services.
We may also collect and have collected in the past 12 months automatically your phone number if you call us.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We will process your Personal Information in order to operate our Services. This may include the following uses:
First, we process Personal Information for the performance of a contract to which you are a party:
- To provide you with information or as otherwise disclosed to you when you provide us with your information, including, without limitation, receiving SambaNova announcements, information, and newsletters. In the event you are no longer willing to receive such information from us, you can opt-out at any time by following the instructions in the information you received or by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org.To verify your identity.
- To process job applications.
- To protect and defend the rights of SambaNova and its employees, our Services, or the users of the Services.
Second, we process Personal Information based no our legitimate interests:
- To contact you directly, when you provide us your contact information. If we contact you by email, you can opt-out of receiving future emails from us at any time by following the instructions in the email or notifying us at email@example.com.
- As incident to a sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy, or similar event.
- Under circumstances we believe reasonably necessary to protect the personal safety of users of SambaNova products, our Services, or the public.
- To complete any transaction initiated by you with respect to our Services or to provide services or information to you.
- To better understand your needs, including by providing you with customized advertising, and how we can improve our products and Services accordingly. Please note that automated decision-making may be performed, including profiling, on the basis of your Personal Information. However, such automated decision-making will not have any consequences, including legal effects, for you.
Third, we rely on your prior consent in order to:
- Store cookies for the purposes specified in the Section “Cookies.”
Please note that you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by sending a request using the contact details in the Section “Contact Us.”
Finally, we process Personal Information to comply with the legal obligations to which we are subject, e.g., to detect and prevent fraudulent activities.
How We Share Your Personal Information
If SambaNova Systems sells all or part of its business or the equity ownership thereof, makes a sale or transfer of all or a material part of its assets, or is otherwise involved in a merger, reverse merger, or transfer of all or a material part of its business, SambaNova Systems may disclose and transfer your Personal Information to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction. We will notify you and ask for your consent for such disclosure where required by applicable law.
The information you provide will be maintained for a commercially reasonable period of time by SambaNova for administrative, liability, and archival purposes, but in no event for longer than five (5) years after the termination of our contractual relationship.
We may also disclose the aggregate statistical data that we collect to third parties in order to allow them to measure the effectiveness of our programs and advertisements.
We may collect and store any “User Content” (as defined in our Terms and Conditions). We may retain and use User Content on our servers to improve performance and deliver media messages more efficiently, and to improve our Services. We may disseminate User Content to users, customers, and Services, including search engines, developers, and publishers, and organizations and firms that analyze the information for trends and insights.
Do Not Track
Security of Data Stored by SambaNova
SambaNova has implemented reasonable security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of information under our control. While we make reasonable efforts to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third parties from illegally obtaining this information. If you have reason to believe that the security of your communications or Personal Information has been compromised, please immediately notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection of Personal Information from or About Children
We do not knowingly collect or process Personal Information from persons under age 13. If we learn that we have collected the personally identifying information of a user under the age of 13 without obtaining the prior consent of the holder of parental responsibility over him/her, we will take steps to delete the concerned information.
If you are a parent and you think we have inadvertently collected and processed Personal Information from your child who is under 13 (or under the age of majority where you live), you may contact us by sending an email to email@example.com to request that we delete his or her information from our records.
Transfer of your Personal Information
Your Personal Information can be delivered to servers located in a different country than the one you are located in.
With respect to the entities or activities of SambaNova located in the European Economic Area, you authorize these entities to transfer, store, and use your Personal Information to the United States and other countries where we operate, where and as permitted by applicable law. Please note that, in some of these countries, the privacy and data protection laws and rules regarding when government authorities may access data may vary from those in the country where you live.
In order to ensure that, within the framework of the abovementioned transfers, an appropriate level of data protection is ensured regarding your Personal Information, SambaNova will only transfer Personal Information outside of the European Economic Area where appropriate safeguards to provide an adequate level of protection have been put in place.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We will keep your Personal Information during the period of our contractual relationship, extended by the applicable limitation period.
As to the processing carried out in order to comply with a legal obligation, we will keep your Personal Information for the duration of such obligation.
On the expiry of the applicable data retention period, we will erase or irrevocably anonymize the relevant Personal Information.
In addition, if you no longer wish to receive communications from us, you may opt out at any time by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rights for California Residents
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, California Civil Code Sections 1798.100 et seq. (CCPA), may additionally afford rights to our users who are California residents. For example, California residents may have a right, following a verifiable request, to
(1) access—twice in a 12-month period, free of charge—for the 12-month period prior to the request, the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information SambaNova has collected about the user, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the business purpose for collecting the personal information, and the categories of third parties with whom SambaNova shares personal information; and
(2) delete personal information under certain circumstances.
Such requests may be made by emailing us at email@example.com or calling us at 650-263-1153. SambaNova does not discriminate against our users on the basis of their exercising any of their rights afforded by the CCPA, which is further in accordance with California residents’ rights under that title.
Following any request, we will verify your identity using at least two data points you have previously provided to us. Please have this information available so that we can verify your request. You may also authorize an agent to submit a request on your behalf, so long as you provide the authorized agent written permission to request on your behalf, and your authorized agent is able to verify their identity with us.
Rights for Users Within the European Economic Area
You have various rights in relation to and that depend on our reason for processing your Personal Information. In particular, you have the rights to:
- access to Personal Information processed concerning you;
- rectification of inaccurate Personal Information concerning you and a right to erasure;
- restriction of processing;
- data portability;
- object to the processing on grounds relating to your particular situation;
- withdraw consent previously provided (however, a withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of processing of your Personal Information that occurred prior to the date of withdrawal); and,
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, if you believe we have not complied with applicable data protection laws.
To exercise any of your rights, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. SambaNova will respond to your request in a reasonable timeframe, and in any event within one month from receipt thereof.